LipExPS is a web-based tool which uses a newly curated database (LipExDB) to provide an effective platform for predicting the best promoter/ host combination to express lipases in Pichia pastoris, which can be subsequently used in various industries.
- Pichia pastoris as the most conventional yeast expression host with various strains and promoters (18 combinations).
- Time-consuming and expensive trial-and-error experiments to develop an optimum lipase-expressing P. pastoris system with suitable promoter/ host combination.
- Suboptimal promoter/ host combination leads to excessive consumption of hazardous compounds like methanol and methylamine.
- LipExPS is a novel platform which can be used for energy saving to generate the best recombinant lipase expression in yeast.
- This web-based tool can reduce the use of non-environmentally friendly methanol/ methylamine consumption.
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
- Reduced the wastage of hazardous compounds at the early cloning stage.
- Lower developmental cost for Pichia pastoris system with an optimum lipase expression at a much-shortened time.
- Minimized production cost and selling price of lipase products.
- Earlier market entry of lipase products.
Assoc. Prof Dr. Siti Nurbaya Oslan
Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
Date of Input: 26/02/2021 | Updated: 26/02/2021 | asrizam