The technology relates to an improved aerofoil body that achieves improved aerodynamic performance by way of incorporating passive fluid-flow control devices.
The flow control devices are the combination of vortex generators and tubercles devices.
Humpback whale Tubercle Leading Edge (TLE) have been proved to work in case of low Reynolds number flows. UAV’s operate at low speeds and fall in this Reynolds number range.
• Existing TLE edges are only effective at high angles of attack and increase drag at low angles of attack.
• Existing Vortex Generators (VG’s) have shown to improve wing performance but further improvement can be achieved.
• Higher lift for low Reynolds number
• Increase particle mixing
• Reduce the flow separation region
• Longer loiter time for small UAV
• Save fuel • Save mone
Project Leader :
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Haji Kamarul Arifin Ahmad
Faculty of Engineering
Date of Input: 27/08/2021 | Updated: 27/08/2021 | asrizam
- UPM innovation management centre
Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia